Psychiatrist Physician Chair – Growing Behavioral Health Program – Charm of New England
Eastern Connecticut Health Network (ECHN) is a community healthcare system anchored by two highly respected acute-care general hospitals, Manchester Memorial and Rockville General. Our system is currently seeking a full-time Chair of Psychiatry to lead the ECHN Behavioral Health Service Line. We provide top quality care using evidence-based modalities, with a strong reliance on the multidisciplinary team approach. Enjoy a work life balance with a Monday through Friday work week. Call is shared among our psychiatric providers and is well-compensated. We are interested in a psychiatrist who Our multi-disciplinary teams include the support of psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, nurses, mental health counselors, social workers, and occupational therapist. We are committed to lifelong learning and support medical students and residents. Join our medical leadership team to facilitate our expanding behavioral health services with attention to quality programing that reflects our commitment to our patients, families, community, and our fellow care team.
- Leads Department of Psychiatry medical staff, administrative staff, and provides exceptional quality care in compliance with regulatory agencies, quality improvement, and peer review activities
- Provides strategic and tactical leadership to Department of Psychiatry, Department of Behavioral Health to increase patient access and fiscal oversight
- Collaborates with Vice President of Behavioral Health to assure that Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement program is effective
- Participates in recruitment, hiring, mentoring of psychiatry staff, and psychiatry nurse practitioners. Supports to Department of Psychiatry Leaders and is a resource to Senior Leaders.
- Actively participates in medical staff leadership activities
- Participates in promoting evidence base care and is a role model for excellence and custom patient care contributing to improved outcomes.
- Effectively represents ECHN Department of Psychiatry and core values
- Highly competitive salary, sign on bonus, and relocation assistance
- Robust benefits options including 401k, dental, vision and life insurance
- Generous paid time off and sick time
- CME allowance (financial value and time) reflects institutional commitment to lifelong learning and clinical excellence.
- Paid malpractice coverage
- Expert clinical operations and provider centric executive/administrative staff support
- Seamless onboarding program with free easy access onsite parking
- Local s resources for a variety of housing options with excellent public, private schools, including magnet, tech, and specialized options
- American Board Certified in Psychiatry prefer 2 or more years of experience
- Connecticut licensed and Federal DEA controlled CT substance licensed (or soon eligible)
ECHN’s medical staff is comprised of approximately 500 physicians and advanced practitioners. ECHN hospitals provide personalized quality outpatient care and inpatient hospital services, skilled/subacute facilities, state of the art cancer center and cutting-edge technology which includes the latest robotic surgical systems/Xi da Vinci, MAKO robotic assisted knee/hip replacement system. Top talent and dedicated faculty physicians support ECHN’s prominent family medicine residency program East of the River, and the Women’s Center for Wellness along with many highly regarded programs.
LOVE WHERE YOU LIVE AND WORK
Eastern Connecticut boasts the natural beauty of scenic New England landscapes, picturesque rivers, peaceful walking, and biking trails with breathtaking views. The area is surrounded by quaint towns with exemplary high-performance schools, some of which are best recognized as National Blue Ribbon Awarded. If you enjoy the city, nearby Hartford and New Haven provide theater, music, cultural arts, and fine dining. Moreover, the region’s ideal location is within driving distance of Boston, New York City, Rhode Island, and the nearby beautiful ocean shores of Connecticut. The enchanting mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire are popular for skiing in the winter and watching the vibrant foliage in the fall. Please feel free to email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Michelina Rinaldi at 860 647-6430 for added job details.