Academic Chair Department of Medicine – Coastal Shore Living - Charm of Providence, Rhode Island
Medicine/physician specialist to apply for this dynamic Chair of Medicine opportunity working for a prominent academic hospital located in picturesque and culturally rich environment in Providence, Rhode IslandMedicine Department as Chair; providing superior and passionate clinical oversight with a desire to grow and expand programs committed to our patients, families, community, and fellow care teams. In this exciting role, the successful applicant will provide strategic direction, clinical teaching, supervision of our robust research, and administration of the department operations for Roger Williams Medical Center.
- Collaborate with other clinical departments, affiliates, systemwide leaders to develop and enhance quality care within our service lines. This is an opportunity to utilize your leadership skills to support engagement and retention of our valued medical staff.
- Execute a strategy for ongoing success and future planning including program development.
- Partner and collaborate with physicians within the system and community physician outreach.
- Demonstrate qualities of effective listening, communication, team building, collaboration, and conflict management.
- Oversee all activities related to the Roger Williams Medical Center medicine teaching program including internship residency and fellowship programs within the Department of Medicine.
- Foster on-going education of medical students, residents, and attending physicians promoting the highest quality of medical care.
- Participates in best clinical care practice, evidence-based medicine, and modeling excellence in care with attention to patient outcomes.
- Highly competitive salary, sign on bonus, and relocation assistance available
- Robust benefits options including 401k, dental, vision and life insurance
- Exceptional paid time off
- Generous comprehensive CME financial allowance and professional time
- Paid malpractice coverage
- Expert clinical operations and provider centric executive/administrative staff support
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine or a specialty within the Department of Medicine
- 8+ years of demonstrated increasing responsibility in administrative experience preferred
- Rhode Island licensed and Rhode Island Federal DEA (or soon eligible)