Gynecologic Oncology Nurse Practitioner
The Crozer Health Medical Group (CHMG) has an exciting opportunity for a Gynecologic Oncology Nurse Practitioner to join our established Gynecologic Oncology practice.
- Full-time Opportunity
- The selected applicant will work with our faculty members to provide patient evaluation and care of Gyn Onc patients
- The OB/GYN department has an independent residency and sub-specialists in all areas including maternal fetal medicine, gyn-oncology, urogynecology and reproductive endocrinology.
- The minimum of a Master's Degree required. Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner with current licensure and prescriptive authority in Pennsylvania.
- Experience in Oncology or Women’s Health is preferred; candidates should possess excellent communication and problem solving skills, and be able to multitask and work effectively in teams as well as independently.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills with patients, staff and other health care professionals.
- Must demonstrate understanding and stratification of clinical risk.
- Ability to assess basic concerns from patients, plan and implement appropriate and immediate nursing advice and ensure timely relay of messages to MD for issues that are more complex.
- Knowledge of and able to work with electronic medical record (EMR) system.
- Consistent professional conduct and meticulous attention to details.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure consistent high standard of nursing care to patients working within program/office policies and expectations.
- Address all patient call directly and respond to messages in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure patient charts are adequately prepared with concerns of major illnesses and medications highlighted.
- Work with minimal supervision and contribute to local resolution, investigation and follow up of any informal or formal patient relates issues or complaints.
ABOUT CROZER-CHESTER MEDICAL CENTER
Crozer-Chester Medical Center is Delaware County’s premier destination for advanced clinical care. This 300-bed facility is home to the county’s first cardiothoracic surgery program, a renowned neurosciences team, the largest group of psychiatrists in the region, and a comprehensive range of specialty and tertiary-care services.
Additionally, Crozer is the only hospital in the Philadelphia suburbs equipped with a comprehensive emergency department, trauma center and burn treatment center. As a teaching hospital and regional medical campus for Drexel University College of Medicine, our physicians work to train the next generation of healthcare providers through our residency, fellowship and allied health programs.
CROZER HEALTH SYSTEM
Crozer Health System is a four-hospital health system based in Delaware County, Pennsylvania serving Delaware County, northern Delaware and parts of western New Jersey. These facilities house a Level 2 trauma center, a regional burn center, three regional cancer centers, and a kidney transplant center. It also includes a network of outpatient centers, urgent care centers and a sports club. Crozer Health System is committed to the improved health status of those we serve. Through a seamless, user-friendly continuum of quality health services including primary, acute and long-term care, through rehabilitation and restorative care, Crozer deploys its resources in a cost-effective and community-responsive manner. Working with our community, we promote a place to live, work and enjoy our families.
CROZER HEALTH MEDICAL GROUP
Within our health system is the health network which is the largest primary care and specialty physician network in Delaware County. With over 300 physicians who practice in locations throughout the county, CHMG offers an array of specialty and subspecialty services, including family practice, internal medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, gynecologic oncology, reproductive endocrinology, sports medicine and multiple surgical subspecialties.
THE CROZER HEALTH VISION:
Commits to its academic mission to educate both current and future clinicians and caregivers;
Explores and implements new technologies for delivering care;
Builds partnerships within our community to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of those we serve;
Creates an environment where each employee, physician, volunteer and board member uses their skills, creativity and learning to promote the health and well-being of our patients, their families and communities;
Accepts responsibility for being the steward of community health resources now and for future generations.