Associate Director - Bone Marrow Transplant- Rhode Island @ a well-known Cancer Center!
COME GROW WITH US:
Roger Williams Medical Center is seeking a full-time Bone Marrow Transplant Associate Director to join our Leukemia, Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation and Immunotherapy Program at Roger Williams Medical Center in Providence, Rhode Island. The program, which is fully accredited and internationally recognized by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT), is home to the states only blood and bone marrow transplantation program. In this comprehensive transplant center, autologous, allogeneic (related and unrelated) and cord blood transplantation services are offered. In addition, our program is the first in the state of RI to offer the FDA approved CAR-T cell therapy Kymriah. You will enjoy working with an experienced team of practitioners dedicated to patient care in both inpatient and outpatient settings. The schedule includes Monday through Fridays with rotational call coverage.
Roger Williams Medical Center is a respected community-hospital leader in academic research. Its academic program, which precepts internal medicine students from Boston University, has an exceptional transition rate from internal medicine to fellowship. Roger Williams Medical Center has its own Hematology Oncology fellowship program as well. Our center provides patients with seamless access to a vast range of stellar physician specialists, outpatient, acute care, as well as specialized cancer care, geriatric health, surgical, rehabilitation, and home care services.
- Provide state of the art treatments to inpatients and out patients supported by an experienced team
- Collaborate with other clinical departments, affiliates, leaders to develop and enhance quality care within our service lines. This is an opportunity to utilize your leadership skills to create relationships with referring position outside of our network.
- Participate in the support and growth of our newly established CAR-T cell treatment program.
- Partner and collaborate with physicians within the system and community physician outreach.
- Participate in activities related to the Roger Williams Medical Center medicine teaching program including internal medicine residency and fellowship programs.
- Excellent opportunity to teach and mentor medical students, medicine residents as well as a Hematology Oncology fellows
- Foster an environment of on-going education of all BMT related staff including nurses, coordinators, and stem cell lab personnel promoting the highest quality of medical care.
- The Associate Director will participate in ten (10) hours of educational activities related to cellular therapy (HPC, immune-effector cells, gene-modified cells, and other cellular therapies) annually at a minimum in order to broaden scope of knowledge and keep up with current advancements in the field.
- Activities may include obtaining certified or non-certified continuing education credits such as internal training programs that are specific to HPC transplantation, other cellular therapies, diseases in which cellular therapy is a therapeutic option, and areas of service routinely provided and other areas.
- Other examples include:
- Presentation of Continuing Medical Education lectures
- Presentation of a paper at a scientific meeting
- Publication of manuscripts related to transplant or other cell therapy
- Participation in webinars or on-line tutorials
- Review of pertinent cellular therapy related articles
- Attending annual meeting of various professional societies
- Attendance at Grand Round meetings that relate to HPC transplantation and/or cellular therapy or diseases for which cellular therapy is a therapeutic option
- Attendance at local or regional journal clubs (may include the preparation time)
- Morbidity and Mortality conferences
- Internal presentations and conferences related to cellular therapy or diseases for which cellular therapy is a therapeutic option
- Highly competitive comprehensive compensation package including incentive bonus, sign-on bonus, and relocation assistance available
- Robust benefits package and generous paid time off
- CME allowance includes financial value and significant allowance for professional growth
- Malpractice employer paid coverage
- Free easy access onsite parking
- Expert clinical operations
- Provider centric executive and administrative support team
- The Program Associate Director will be a physician appropriately licensed to practice medicine in the jurisdiction in which the Clinical Program is located and shall have achieved specialist certification or advanced training in one or more of the following specialties: Hematology, Medical Oncology, CAR-T, or bone marrow transplant
- The Program Associate Director will maintain current licensure to practice in the state of Rhode Island. Maintaining specialist licensure in Hematology and/or Medical Oncology is required:
- The Program Associate Director will have a minimum of two years of experience as an attending transplant physician responsible for the direct clinical management of HPC and cellular therapy transplant patients throughout the continuum of care. Experience can include Fellowships in CART/Immunotherapy or Blood and Bone Marrow Transplantation.