Acute Care NP/PA in the Philly Suburbs!
The Crozer Health Medical Group (CHMG) has an exciting opportunity for a Full-Time Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join an established Surgery team.
- Hospital services are provided at Crozer Chester Medical Center in Upland, PA.
- Provides advanced practice care to Vascular, Cardiothoracic, and Thoracic surgery patients in collaboration with the attending surgeon, directing the clinical management of selected patients.
- Practices with a high level of autonomy and expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of complex responses of patients and families to illness.
- Current licensure to practice as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- 2 years applicable clinical experience, not required; Emergency Department or Critical Care experience is preferred.
- Candidates should possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills and be able to multitask and work effectively in teams as well as independently.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills with patients, staff and other health care professionals.
- Must demonstrate understanding and stratification of clinical risk.
- Ability to assess basic concerns from patients, plan and implement appropriate and immediate nursing advice and ensure timely relay of messages to MD for issues that are more complex.
- Knowledge of and able to work with electronic medical record (EMR) system.
- Consistent professional conduct and meticulous attention to details.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds appropriately and timely to trauma activations/alerts.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluated diagnostic tests, including laboratory tests and radiographic studies to identify and assess a patient’s clinical problems and health needs
- Appropriately prioritizes care for patients.
- Serves as a liaison to enhance communication and to coordinate care among multiple consulting clinical disciplines and the patient and their family.
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team in the discharge process to ensure a safe discharge and/or continuity of care.
If interested, please send your CV to Nora Yosry, Physician Recruiter, at Nora.Yosry@crozer.org or by calling or texting (732) 691-5818.
ABOUT CROZER-CHESTER MEDICAL CENTER
Crozer-Chester Medical Center is Delaware County’s premier destination for advanced clinical care. This 300-bed facility is home to the county’s first cardiothoracic surgery program, a renowned neurosciences team, the largest group of psychiatrists in the region, and a comprehensive range of specialty and tertiary-care services.
Additionally, Crozer is the only hospital in the Philadelphia suburbs equipped with a comprehensive emergency department, trauma center and burn treatment center. As a teaching hospital and regional medical campus for Drexel University College of Medicine, our physicians work to train the next generation of healthcare providers through our residency, fellowship and allied health programs.
CROZER HEALTH SYSTEM
Crozer Health System is a four-hospital health system based in Delaware County, Pennsylvania serving Delaware County, northern Delaware and parts of western New Jersey. These facilities house a Level 2 trauma center, a regional burn center, three regional cancer centers, and a kidney transplant center. It also includes a network of outpatient centers, urgent care centers and a sports club. Crozer Health System is committed to the improved health status of those we serve. Through a seamless, user-friendly continuum of quality health services including primary, acute and long-term care, through rehabilitation and restorative care, Crozer deploys its resources in a cost-effective and community-responsive manner. Working with our community, we promote a place to live, work and enjoy our families.
CROZER HEALTH MEDICAL GROUP
Within our health system is the health network which is the largest primary care and specialty physician network in Delaware County. With over 300 physicians who practice in locations throughout the county, CHMG offers an array of specialty and subspecialty services, including family practice, internal medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, gynecologic oncology, reproductive endocrinology, sports medicine and multiple surgical subspecialties.
THE CROZER HEALTH VISION:
Commits to its academic mission to educate both current and future clinicians and caregivers;
Explores and implements new technologies for delivering care;
Builds partnerships within our community to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of those we serve;
Creates an environment where each employee, physician, volunteer and board member uses their skills, creativity and learning to promote the health and well-being of our patients, their families and communities;
Accepts responsibility for being the steward of community health resources now and for future generations.
Additional InformationInterested candidates, please send your CV to Nora Yosry, Physician Recruiter at Nora.Yosry@Crozer.org