This job posting is no longer active.
Summary Fantastic APRN/NP Opportunity in the CVU-Nocturnist Position
The APRN will provide independent, holistic, high quality and cost effective critical care for patients admitted to the Cardiovascular Unit and support their transition of care across the continuum. Assist cardiothoracic surgeons in the care of patients undergoing specialized surgical procedures within the scope of license including pre-operative and post-operative surgical and related diagnostic procedures.
- Assumes independent collaborative patient care responsibility for the inpatients on the cardiac and cardiothoracic services under the supervision of the Attending Physicians.
- Identifies health care needs and assesses health status of patients during in-patient hospitalizations.
- Excels in communication, interpersonal skills, and clinical expertise in cardiovascular care.
- The practitioner will also participate in the management of patients with Myocardial Infarction, Acute Coronary Syndromes, Intra-Aortic Balloon Pumping, Impella devices, and post-op open heart procedures.
- Assist in completing consultation work-up on patients being evaluated for cardiothorasic surgery.
- Obtains comprehensive health histories and performs physical examinations during hospitalization. Identifies and collaborates with the Cardiac and Cardiothoracic Attending in the design of patient treatment plans. Orders appropriate consultation services as needed.
- Communicates patient status information and documents progress in the electronic medical record. Enters admission orders, orders appropriate tests, imaging studies, and therapy; interprets results and outcomes; discusses appropriate interventions with the physicians. Educates patients about treatment plans and discharge care. Evaluates the patient with regard to discharge status; performs discharge exams, completes appropriate electronic discharge documentation.
- Performs advanced technologic procedures related to cardiac and cardiothoracic surgery as defined by standardized procedures.
- Interprets hemodynamics and vital signs and orders appropriate inotropes and vasopressors as required.
- Identifies and maximizes opportunities in the clinical setting for informal education of staff, patients and families.
- Collaborates and communicates with members of the interprofessional health care team.
|Certified as a Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. Maintains current RN and APRN state licensure.Maintains current state DEA and Connecticut Controlled substance registration licensure. Minimum 2 years’ experience in an APRN role preferred.
Prospect Medical offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Fully-integrated Electronic Medical Record
- Paid Malpractice Insurance
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Paid Days Off
- CME Paid Days Off
- CME Expense coverage
- Optional dental and Vision plans
- Life Insurance, Short- term and Long-term Disability Insurance
Why Waterbury Health? Waterbury Health consists of Waterbury and its many affiliates. Waterbury Hospital delivers a collaborative and educational medical environment that holds multi-disciplinary coordination and patient care as very important. This joint Commission accredited institution provides high quality care as a high reliability organization.
Please contact Natalie Hauzeur at T: 203.568.2906 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.