Chief Medicial Officer (CMO) - Greater Philadelphia Area
This job posting is no longer active.
Crozer-Keystone Health System (CKHS) is proud to announce the commencement of its national search for a Chief Medical Officer. With more than 6,800 employees, CKHS is the largest employer in Delaware County, which is a suburb of Philadelphia, PA.
We seek an accomplished physician executive, who has experience in operations and strategy and will provide a single system-wide coherent vision on medical issues and serve as the chief liaison between the CKHS Administration and the Medical Staff
The Chief Medical Officer will help to develop and articulate the mission, vision and values of CKHS while developing and promoting new clinical programs that support the CKHS mission. The CMO will:
- Provide leadership with respect to the strategic direction, business development, financial performance and development and implementation of clinical programs throughout the Crozer-Keystone Health System.
- Work with the administration on recruitment and/or staff development to provide the personnel and expertise to achieve Crozer-Keystone Health System’s strategic goals.
- Enhance the visibility of clinical services throughout the Health System in collaboration with Marketing and the Administrative team.
- Establish a limited clinical practice at Crozer-Keystone Health System.
The Chief Medical Officer will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer of CKHS and serve as the liaison to the health system’s administration team on matters pertaining to 4 key areas:
- Quality, Patient Safety, and Patient Satisfaction: Leads performance on all quality metrics and securing patient safety and experience and establishing regulatory preparedness and resource utilization across all hospital clinical departments by partnering with hospital Presidents, MEC Presidents and Department Chairs / Division Chiefs.
- Medical Staff and Credentialing: Oversees matters of medical care, medical staff affairs, patient safety, liability risk, and case management and promotes physician engagement/alignment among the medical staff and serves as the executive liaison between the medical staff and the hospital administrative team including collaboration with the medical staff members and oversight of credentialing, OPPE and peer review, etc.
- Leadership Partnerships: Work with the CKHS Chief Quality and Patient Safety Officer and the CKHS Chief Nursing Executive and the Hospital Chief Nursing Officers to support and direct the CKHS Quality Department quality and patient safety efforts to provide seamless clinical leadership for the hospital. Serve as liaison with Chairs and Chiefs across the health system and foster productive and collaborative relationships among the Chairs and Chiefs and Crozer-Keystone Health System senior leadership and the professional staff.
- Streamlining Processes: Champion evidence-based medicine best practices and promotes value-based care by supporting Clinical Research by assisting the Office of Clinical Research and ensuring safety of research subjects (Human Research Protection administration. Participate in and facilitates planning and implementation of new technologies, hardware and information systems at CKHS. Ensure regulatory compliance (Joint Commission and State Department of Health.)
Chief Medical Officer Qualifications:
- Board certified MD, DO or equivalent with unrestricted Pennsylvania Medical License
- Experience in medical administration at the department, division or center level.
- Demonstrated experience and achievement in medical education
- Additional training in management with or without a degree is desirable
- Credential for appointment at the Associate or Full Professor level at Drexel University School of Medicine
If interested in this position, please send your CV to Queen Aniatang, Physician Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.