Medical Director/Psychiatrist for Comprehensive Detox and Rehabilitation Center
The Medical Director/Psychiatrist is responsible for the oversight of the treatment protocols and treatment team for the Inpatient Substance Abuse Programming consisting of short-term detoxification services as well as long-term inpatient rehabilitative services. First Steps Treatment Center is a part of Crozer Health’s comprehensive substance abuse service line. Crozer Health’s Behavioral Health Service line is Delaware County’s leading provider for psychotherapy, substance abuse and addiction treatment. First Steps is a 52 bed unit located at Crozer Chester Medical Center in Upland, Pennsylvania.
The ideal candidate will:
- possess knowledge of the stages of alcohol and other drug withdrawals and ability to take appropriate action at each stage.
- Have knowledge of addictions and mental health complications.
- Must possess the ability to work collaboratively as a member of the multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Have knowledge of the 12-Step Recovery Program.
- Have knowledge and competency in problem solving and stress management.
- MD or DO
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
- 3 Years experience in Psychiatry
- Ideal candidate will possess fellowship in addiction psychiatry, although not required.
- Excellent written and oral skills are required
This position is full-time offering a very competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
- (26) days of paid time off each year, which includes CME
- (6) legal holidays
- $3,500 CME allowance annually, including dues/subscriptions allowance
- $2,000 professional fee reimbursement
- Malpractice Insurance coverage related to your clinical employment duties
- Health, dental, vision, and paid life insurance, savings & retirement plans
This location is less than a 20-minute drive to Philadelphia, a 90-minute drive north to New York City, 90 minutes east to historical Lancaster County, and less than two hours to the beautiful New Jersey or Delaware shores.
If you are interested in the exciting opportunity, please submit your CV to Amal Elmogahzy, Director of Physician Recruitment at Amal.Elmogahzy@crozer.org or via call/text at (732) 357-7054.