Psychiatrist Physician Chair – Award Winning Hospital and Supportive Team
Psychiatrist Physician Chair - Award Winning Hospital and Stellar Supportive Team
Eastern Connecticut Health Network (ECHN) is a community healthcare system anchored by two highly respected hospitals, Manchester Memorial and Rockville General. ECHN invites practicing psychiatry physicians interested in a full-time career growth opportunity as a Chair of Psychiatrist to lead the ECHN Behavioral Health Service Line. Eastern Connecticut Health Network provides top quality healthcare using evidence-based modalities with a strong and collaborative multidisciplinary team approach. As a Chair of Psychiatry, you will enjoy a work-life balance and a Monday through Friday schedule. A multidisciplinary team approach includes the support of an exceptional team of psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, nurses, mental health counselors, social workers, and occupational therapists. Weekday call is shared among our psychiatrists and is well-compensated. Weekend call coverage is optional. You will find at Eastern Connecticut Health Network a dedication to lifelong learning and professional development within an inspiring work environment driven to compassionate-clinical excellence. We welcome you to join a leading medical staff team, an expanding behavioral health service line, and a highly respected committed program.
About Eastern Connecticut Health Network:
Eastern Connecticut Health Network is an extraordinary community healthcare system comprised of two highly respected acute-care hospitals (Manchester Memorial and Rockville General) with 249 beds and approximately five hundred physicians and advanced practitioners. The community hospitals are supported by multi-primary care outpatient internal and family medicine practice sites, expert physician specialists, comprehensive inpatient clinical services, and a state-of-the-art cancer center. Talented skilled faculty physicians further support ECHN’s prominent family medicine residency program. Eastern Connecticut Health Network earned Healthgrades awards in 2023 for patient safety excellence, 2023 Five-Star Recipient for Hip Facture Treatment, 2023 Treatment of Sepsis, 2023 Treatment of Respiratory Failure, 2023 Treatment of Diabetic, and Manchester Memorial Hospital a Top Hospital in Connecticut for Critical Care. ECHN provides the latest advancements in robotic surgery, including the new MAKO robotic-assisted knee-hip replacement system, and the Xi da Vinci Robot. The Women’s Center for Wellness was named one of the best Mammogram Imaging Centers by The Women’s Choice Award with a new Canon Vantage Orian Magnetic Resonance Imaging Machine. The expanding partnership with Jefferson Radiology provides new and expanded comprehensive diagnostic radiology services with other highly regarded programs.
Eastern Connecticut Health Network Position Highlights:
- Lead Behavioral Health Department and administrative staff
- Provide exceptional quality care in compliance with regulatory agencies, quality improvement, and peer review activities
- Provides strategic and tactical leadership to Department of Psychiatry, Department of Behavioral Health
- Collaborates with Vice President of Behavioral Health on Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement Program
- Acts as a resource to Department of Psychiatry Leaders, Team, and Senior Leadership
Eastern Connecticut Health Outstanding Benefits Features:
- Highly competitive salary, sign-on bonus, and other incentives
- Robust benefits eligible options including 401k, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Exceptional paid time off and sick time
- Generous comprehensive CME allowance (CME time and CME professional allowance) reflects an institutional commitment to lifelong learning and clinical excellence.
- Employer-paid malpractice coverage
- Expert clinical operations, provider-centric, and supportive system
- Free easy access to on-site parking, laboratory services, and medical imaging services
- Local resources for a variety of housing options with excellent public and private schools, including magnet, technical schools, and other specialized options
- Board Certified in Psychiatry with 2 or more years of related work and/or leadership experience
- Connecticut licensed, Federal DEA, and Controlled Substance Registration (CSR) (or soon eligible)
LOVE WHERE YOU LIVE AND LOVE WHERE YOU WORK
Eastern Connecticut boasts the natural beauty of scenic New England landscapes, picturesque rivers, peaceful walking, and biking trails with breathtaking views. The area is surrounded by quaint towns with exemplary high-performance schools, some of which are best recognized as National Blue Ribbon Awards. If you enjoy the city, nearby Hartford and New Haven provide theater, music, cultural arts, and fine dining. Moreover, the region’s ideal location is within driving distance of Boston, New York City, Rhode Island, and the nearby beautiful ocean shores of Connecticut. The enchanting mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire are popular for skiing in the winter and watching the vibrant foliage in the fall.