Psychiatrist Physician Chair –Stellar Clinical Supportive Team – Charm of New England
Eastern Connecticut Health Network (ECHN) is a community healthcare system anchored by two highly respected acute-care general hospitals, Manchester Memorial and Rockville General. Our system is currently seeking a full-time Chair of Psychiatry to lead the ECHN Behavioral Health Service Line. We provide top quality care using evidence-based modalities, with a strong reliance on the multidisciplinary team approach. Enjoy a work life balance with a Monday through Friday work week. Call is shared among our psychiatric providers and is well-compensated. We are interested in a psychiatrist who Our multi-disciplinary teams include the support of psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, nurses, mental health counselors, social workers, and occupational therapist. We are committed to lifelong learning and support medical students and residents. Join our medical leadership team to facilitate our expanding behavioral health services with attention to quality programing that reflects our commitment to our patients, families, community, and our fellow care team.
- Leads Department of Psychiatry medical staff, administrative staff, and provides exceptional quality care in compliance with regulatory agencies, quality improvement, and peer review activities
- Provides strategic and tactical leadership to Department of Psychiatry, Department of Behavioral Health to increase patient access and fiscal oversight
- Collaborates with Vice President of Behavioral Health to assure that Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement program is effective
- Participates in recruitment, hiring, mentoring of psychiatry staff, and psychiatry nurse practitioners. Supports to Department of Psychiatry Leaders and is a resource to Senior Leaders.
- Actively participates in medical staff leadership activities
- Participates in promoting evidence base care and is a role model for excellence and custom patient care contributing to improved outcomes.
- Effectively represents ECHN Department of Psychiatry and core values
Outstanding Benefits and More:
- Highly competitive salary, sign on bonus, and relocation assistance
- Robust benefits options including 401k, dental, vision and life insurance
- Generous paid time off and sick time
- CME allowance (financial value and time) reflects institutional commitment to lifelong learning and clinical excellence.
- Paid malpractice coverage
- Expert clinical operations and provider centric executive/administrative staff support
- Seamless onboarding program with free easy access onsite parking
- Local s resources for a variety of housing options with excellent public, private schools, including magnet, tech, and specialized options
- American Board Certified in Psychiatry prefer 2 or more years of experience
- Connecticut licensed and Federal DEA controlled CT substance licensed (or soon eligible)
Eastern Connecticut Health Network is an extraordinary community healthcare system comprised of two highly respected acute-care hospitals (Manchester Memorial and Rockville General) with approximately 500 physicians and advanced practitioners. The community hospitals are supported by multi-primary care outpatient internal and family medicine practice sites, expert physician specialists, comprehensive inpatient clinical services, and a state-of-the-art cancer center. Top talent faculty physicians further support ECHN’s prominent Family Medicine Residency Program. ECHN also earned the Healthgrades 2022 patient safety excellence award; and Manchester Memorial Hospital was awarded a 4-Star Quality Rated by CMS Hospital in July of 2022. ECHN provides the latest advancements in robotic surgery, including the new MAKO robotic assisted knee-hip replacement system, and the Xi da Vinci Robot. The Women’s Center for Wellness was named one of best Mammogram Imaging Centers by The Women’s Choice Award with a new Canon Vantage Orian Magnetic Resonance Imaging Machine. The expanding partnership with Jefferson Radiology provides new and expanded comprehensive diagnostic radiology services with many other highly regarded programs.
LOVE WHERE YOU LIVE AND WORK
Eastern Connecticut boasts the natural beauty of scenic New England landscapes, picturesque rivers, peaceful walking, and biking trails with breathtaking views. The area is surrounded by quaint towns with exemplary high-performance schools, some of which are best recognized as National Blue Ribbon Awarded. If you enjoy the city, nearby Hartford and New Haven provide theater, music, cultural arts, and fine dining. Moreover, the region’s ideal location is within driving distance of Boston, New York City, Rhode Island, and the nearby beautiful ocean shores of Connecticut. The enchanting mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire are popular for skiing in the winter and watching the vibrant foliage in the fall. Please feel free to email your CV to email@example.com or phone Michelina Rinaldi at 860 647-6430 for added job details.