Osteopathic Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine Physician - Award Winning Hospital - Hospital Employed
Eastern Connecticut Health Network (ECHN) invites physicians to apply for an outstanding outpatient hospital employed Osteopathic Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine (ONMM) opportunity in picturesque Manchester, Connecticut. You will enjoy working Monday through Friday schedule with a supportive physician providing direct osteopathic evaluations, manipulative medicine treatment of peripheral nerves, and muscle disorders with limited rotation phone call coverage. Eastern Connecticut Health Network provides top-quality care adherence to evidence-based medicine, a strong multidisciplinary team approach dedicated to lifelong learning, work-life balance, and the delivery of compassionate clinical excellence. We welcome you to join an extraordinary clinical team in a rewarding community environment.
Osteopathic Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine (ONMM) Physician Position Highlights:
- Evaluate patient medical history
- Diagnoses, treats, and monitors a range of acute, chronic diseases, and conditions
- Perform physical exams with attention to peripheral nerve, muscle disorders, and nerve alignment
- Educates patient about wellness and disease prevention
- Order, interpret laboratory, and imaging test results
- Perform osteopathic manipulations
- Collaborates closely with other specialists and members of a patient’s healthcare team to provide optimal care
- Precept and partner with faculty physician members on Osteopathic Neuromuscular Medicine (ONMM) training methods
- Precept and supervise residents on integrative medicine and osteopathic principles and the practice of neuromusculoskeletal medicine
Eastern Connecticut Health Network Outstanding Benefits and More:
- Robust benefits options including 401k, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Exceptional paid time off and sick time
- Generous comprehensive CME allowance (CME time and CME professional allowance) reflects an institutional commitment to lifelong learning and clinical excellence.
- Employer-paid malpractice coverage
- Best-in-class clinical operations, rewarding work environment, provider-centric, supportive team, and medical staff community
- Free easy access to on-site parking, on-site laboratory, and medical imaging services
- Board Certified/Board Eligible Osteopathic Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine (ONMM) or Board Certified/Board Eligible Family Medicine Physician with Osteopathic Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine Fellowship training or soon eligible
- Connecticut Licensed, Federal DEA, and Controlled Substance Registration or soon eligible
About Eastern Connecticut Health Network:
Eastern Connecticut Health Network is an extraordinary community healthcare system comprised of two highly respected acute-care hospitals (Manchester Memorial and Rockville General) with 249 beds and approximately five hundred physicians and advanced practitioners. The community hospitals are supported by multi-primary care outpatient internal and family medicine practice sites, expert physician specialists, comprehensive inpatient clinical services, and a state-of-the-art cancer center. Talented skilled faculty physicians further support ECHN’s prominent family medicine residency program. Eastern Connecticut Health Network www.ECHN.org earned Healthgrades awards in 2023 for patient safety excellence, 2023 Five-Star Recipient for Hip Facture Treatment, 2023 Treatment of Sepsis, 2023 Treatment of Respiratory Failure, 2023 Treatment of Diabetic, and Manchester Memorial Hospital a Top Hospital in Connecticut for Critical Care. ECHN provides the latest advancements in robotic surgery, including the new MAKO robotic-assisted knee-hip replacement system, and the Xi da Vinci Robot. The Women’s Center for Wellness was named one of the best Mammogram Imaging Centers by The Women’s Choice Award with a new Canon Vantage Orian Magnetic Resonance Imaging Machine. The expanding partnership with Jefferson Radiology provides new and expanded comprehensive diagnostic radiology services with other highly regarded programs.
Love Where You Live and Where You Work
Eastern Connecticut boasts the natural beauty of the changing seasons, scenic rivers, and peaceful walking/hiking trails with breathtaking views. The area is populated by highly desirable, quaint family-oriented towns anchored by exemplary high-performance school systems, some of which are the best in New England sprinkled with National Blue Ribbon Awarded Schools. If you enjoy city life, nearby Hartford and New Haven provide theater, music, and fine dining. Moreover, the region’s ideal location is within driving distance of Boston; New York City; Newport, Rhode Island; Cape Cod; and the nearby beautiful ocean shores of Connecticut. The scenic mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire are popular for skiing in the winter and viewing the colorful foliage in the fall. Whether it is rural, suburban, or urban life you desire, you will find it here.